Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Whoooooooooooo loves you?

Owl always love you!


Corny, yes! But everything Junior likes is owls, minions and gnomes. Okay, he is still sort of on an American Girl doll kick too!

But he really likes owls. And there are so many owls out now, its crazy! But everything with owls is more pink/purple than green/blue/yellow or orange.

I decided a few months ago that I was going to sew him a blanket. An owl blanket. This was NO easy task (and still isn't complete!)

I went on fabric.com and decided to order some adorable minky green fabric and some owl print cotton fabric. When they arrived, I couldn't wait to get started on a new snuggly blanket!

However, I suck at sewing. That is not just my own personal opinion, I actually barely passed my "Home Economics" class in high school because I just couldn't sew :)

Guess who (with a little help from Daddy) was able to use the sewing machine and make a blanket? . . . That's right, ME!

We managed to get three out of four sides sewn. I really hope Junior loves it!



Except Daddy told me, "Do you ever feel like you overdo things? Like, become obsessed with owls like he does, and go crazy buying him things?"

Of course I blurted out, "I just want to make the damn kid happy, okay!?!" 

In my own words, I will spoil him if I want to. (Even if Daddy thinks I am going to 'ruin' the owl phase)



No comments:

Post a Comment